Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Please describe your creative process.

It's pretty random actually. Sometimes I get the "what-if" thought first. Sometimes it's the material that comes first.  Or it's a stitch pattern I've seen or found and am holding on to till I have the perfect yarn for it. Then I write down some notes or I get straight to work making a sample. Then I make more notes after the sample is done. I'm pretty organized with my designs. Which is funny cause I'm a total clutter bug. I have 2 sketch books. One is for the finished patterns, notes on color, a description, and any other information. The other has notes, sketches, thoughts and ideas. It's oddly random and organized. I carry both books with me because you never know when inspiration will strike. I like to surround myself with my materials, so I tend to collect everything in my favorite room. If I get an idea for something I want easy access to my tools and materials so I can work on it "rightnow", so to have an in house studio for me is ideal. I love working from home, but luckily much of my stuff is very portable. So I can take it with me if I ever get to travel. Or I can take it to work like I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Business Site