Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reflection and 'Preflection'

In closing out 2009, I am thinking about where I have been and where I am going. I am thinking about balance and going forward. I am also aware that going forward may mean taking a step or two, but I'll discuss that if or when it happens. I have learned a lot about myself this past year, and I really believe that I will take it with me into the future.
I am rediscovering art, design, craft, and creativity. This is an on going journey I have been on since 2006. I am going back to go forward. I always felt that being an artist was my calling, but I was journeying to find my form, my voice, and my niche. I'm still learning. My brain comes up with more ideas that I can possibly keep up with. One step at a time I will make my mark. I am thankful for the chance. I have learning to be brave and share what I do. My social skills with forever be a work in progress.
I have danced. I have sat. I laughed and cried. I have yelled and held my tongue. I have kissed in passion and kissed 'boo-boos'.  I am still growing into my roles as wife, mom, student, teacher, artist, crafter. I am in such a good place. Thank you for the blessings and lessons. I turn my face to the light, chasing down the dawn. For 2010, I hope for nothing but hope, love, and courage. I want to fill my life with love and bravery and grace.

















On a lighter note: I found the fabric and WIPs. I took the time off from school to get some stuff done. Not as much as I had hope, but I got something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Business Site