Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Recipe #1- Turkey and Potatoes

This is my first publishing a recipe. I come up with them all the time, but I don't do anything with them. I'm changing that. Call it an early step to my new year's resolution, which is to more proactive about my interests. So here goes.

This is my version of turkey and potatoes. This can be done either with help from the store or from scratch. Your preference.

You will need:
Turkey breast- enough to feed everyone whose going to eat it
Dry rub- store bought or home made
Mashed Potatoes- store bought or from scratch (click here for my suggested recipe)
Eggs- at least one per person

Cut the turkey breast into approximately 1 inch cubes. Put into a bowl and sprinkle the dry rub mix over top. Mix it up, add more mix if you need it. You can let this sit for as long as overnight before cooking. Now add to a pan with 1 tablespoon butter or oil. Cook thoroughly. Then remove from heat and set aside.
In separate pot, make the mashed potatoes (if making from scratch you should start the potatoes first).
In yet another pan, or the same one as the turkey if you chose to remove the turkey all together) cook the eggs to each persons preference. I like mine sunny side up or over easy.

To assemble: place potatoes at the bottom, then top with turkey. Place eggs on top or to the side.

There you have it. I'll post a photo as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

My Business Site