Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why a pole?

I've been think about pole dancing and why it causes such a stir. I believe that if it weren't a pole it'd just be something else. Really think about it...imagine if instead of a pole it were a swing (yes I know some strip clubs have swings), if it were gold standard to have a swing then dancing on or around it would be taboo. Stripping as we currently know it started in the 60s, it's not that old. The reasons behind it... well roads leading to it are ancient. Think about courtesan dancers, saloon girls, burlesque..... dance and sex have always seemed to go together. And men are voyeuristic.
I really believe that the stigma around pole dancing will lift, it'll take time.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!
    Hey call me soon. I need to talk to you about a burlesque group. Becca and I really want to start one. We were thinking of a group that did some cabaret singing and dancing.

    ReplyDelete

My Business Site