Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Alpaca made me do it...

I've always avoided wools.... itchy, coarse, amd sometimes oily. But in wandering my local yarn shop (The Needlepoint Joint) I touched my first Alpaca yarn... (insert short sweet angel chorus and clouds parting)... it was soft squishy bulky baby alpaca blend from Plymouth Yarns... I fell in love. I didn't know an animal fiber yarn could feel like the soft part of a puppy's ear. I had read the review on it in a past issue of Interweave Crochet, but remained skeptical. Long story short: I bought some and will make myself a lovely winter wrap/shawl. I also found something else surprising. An array of wool blends that may convert me further. Don't get me wrong I am first and foremost a plant fiber and synthetic fan. That won't change, but there is now room in my stash for alpaca and possibly some wool blends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Business Site